Shiv Sena demands a ban on MIM
Mumbai: Demanding that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) should be banned throughout Maharashtra, the Shiv Sena said today that incidents which took place in the recent past have demoralised the police.
Raising the issue in the State Legislative Council during a debate on law and order in the state, Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote said, "MIM was banned by the British. MIM chief Assaduddin Owaisi has been banned in Aurangabad, but his party should be banned in throughout Maharashtra".
He alleged that in Nanded, the Congress forged an alliance with the MIM during municipal corporation elections held recently.
Various incidents which took place in the recent past like Azad Maidan riots and Dhule riots have demoralised the police, he said.
He alleged that some politicians appease minorities to get their votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi