Shiv Sena demands a ban on MIM
Mumbai: Demanding that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) should be banned throughout Maharashtra, the Shiv Sena said today that incidents which took place in the recent past have demoralised the police.
Raising the issue in the State Legislative Council during a debate on law and order in the state, Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote said, "MIM was banned by the British. MIM chief Assaduddin Owaisi has been banned in Aurangabad, but his party should be banned in throughout Maharashtra".
He alleged that in Nanded, the Congress forged an alliance with the MIM during municipal corporation elections held recently.
Various incidents which took place in the recent past like Azad Maidan riots and Dhule riots have demoralised the police, he said.
He alleged that some politicians appease minorities to get their votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir