Shiv Sena demands a ban on MIM
Mumbai: Demanding that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) should be banned throughout Maharashtra, the Shiv Sena said today that incidents which took place in the recent past have demoralised the police.
Raising the issue in the State Legislative Council during a debate on law and order in the state, Shiv Sena MLC Diwakar Raote said, "MIM was banned by the British. MIM chief Assaduddin Owaisi has been banned in Aurangabad, but his party should be banned in throughout Maharashtra".
He alleged that in Nanded, the Congress forged an alliance with the MIM during municipal corporation elections held recently.
Various incidents which took place in the recent past like Azad Maidan riots and Dhule riots have demoralised the police, he said.
He alleged that some politicians appease minorities to get their votes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory