Shiv Sena demands Vaidik`s arrest
Jammu: The workers of Shiv Sena staged a protest here on Sunday demanding the arrest of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik.
The protesters marched to the streets shouting anti-Vaidik slogans and also burnt his effigy.
Shiv Sena president Ashok Gupta appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold an enquiry into the matter and get Vaidik arrested.
"Modi should investigate the matter and get Vaidik arrested. Today it has been proved that all militant activities start from Pakistan. Therefore I want to appeal that Vaidik should be arrested, no matter what views he holds or that he is Ramdev`s close aide. We demand that people who meet Hafiz Saeed should be arrested," said Gupta.
Vaidik has been facing criticism from the opposition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed on July 2 in Lahore, Pakistan, after his pictures with the Pakistani Islamist leader was seen in social media.
Vaidik has openly accepted that he had met Hafiz Saeed and said that he is ready to share all records of his meetings in Pakistan.
Not only the meeting with Hafiz Saeed, but his statement in Pakistan on Kashmir has fuelled criticism. However, he later clarified to ANI that he meant about freedom for the people of Kashmir and not `freedom for Kashmir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi
- Ram Vilas Paswan favours ban on sugar futures
- Turkey has shown no evidence of Gulen coup role: US
- At least 73 dead as pre-dawn earthquake hits central Italy
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen