Shiv Sena demands Vaidik`s arrest
Jammu: The workers of Shiv Sena staged a protest here on Sunday demanding the arrest of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik.
The protesters marched to the streets shouting anti-Vaidik slogans and also burnt his effigy.
Shiv Sena president Ashok Gupta appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold an enquiry into the matter and get Vaidik arrested.
"Modi should investigate the matter and get Vaidik arrested. Today it has been proved that all militant activities start from Pakistan. Therefore I want to appeal that Vaidik should be arrested, no matter what views he holds or that he is Ramdev`s close aide. We demand that people who meet Hafiz Saeed should be arrested," said Gupta.
Vaidik has been facing criticism from the opposition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed on July 2 in Lahore, Pakistan, after his pictures with the Pakistani Islamist leader was seen in social media.
Vaidik has openly accepted that he had met Hafiz Saeed and said that he is ready to share all records of his meetings in Pakistan.
Not only the meeting with Hafiz Saeed, but his statement in Pakistan on Kashmir has fuelled criticism. However, he later clarified to ANI that he meant about freedom for the people of Kashmir and not `freedom for Kashmir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?