Shiv Sena demands Vaidik`s arrest
Jammu: The workers of Shiv Sena staged a protest here on Sunday demanding the arrest of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik.
The protesters marched to the streets shouting anti-Vaidik slogans and also burnt his effigy.
Shiv Sena president Ashok Gupta appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold an enquiry into the matter and get Vaidik arrested.
"Modi should investigate the matter and get Vaidik arrested. Today it has been proved that all militant activities start from Pakistan. Therefore I want to appeal that Vaidik should be arrested, no matter what views he holds or that he is Ramdev`s close aide. We demand that people who meet Hafiz Saeed should be arrested," said Gupta.
Vaidik has been facing criticism from the opposition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed on July 2 in Lahore, Pakistan, after his pictures with the Pakistani Islamist leader was seen in social media.
Vaidik has openly accepted that he had met Hafiz Saeed and said that he is ready to share all records of his meetings in Pakistan.
Not only the meeting with Hafiz Saeed, but his statement in Pakistan on Kashmir has fuelled criticism. However, he later clarified to ANI that he meant about freedom for the people of Kashmir and not `freedom for Kashmir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli