Shiv Sena demands Vaidik`s arrest
Jammu: The workers of Shiv Sena staged a protest here on Sunday demanding the arrest of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik.
The protesters marched to the streets shouting anti-Vaidik slogans and also burnt his effigy.
Shiv Sena president Ashok Gupta appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold an enquiry into the matter and get Vaidik arrested.
"Modi should investigate the matter and get Vaidik arrested. Today it has been proved that all militant activities start from Pakistan. Therefore I want to appeal that Vaidik should be arrested, no matter what views he holds or that he is Ramdev`s close aide. We demand that people who meet Hafiz Saeed should be arrested," said Gupta.
Vaidik has been facing criticism from the opposition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed on July 2 in Lahore, Pakistan, after his pictures with the Pakistani Islamist leader was seen in social media.
Vaidik has openly accepted that he had met Hafiz Saeed and said that he is ready to share all records of his meetings in Pakistan.
Not only the meeting with Hafiz Saeed, but his statement in Pakistan on Kashmir has fuelled criticism. However, he later clarified to ANI that he meant about freedom for the people of Kashmir and not `freedom for Kashmir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video