Shiv Sena demands Vaidik`s arrest
Jammu: The workers of Shiv Sena staged a protest here on Sunday demanding the arrest of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik.
The protesters marched to the streets shouting anti-Vaidik slogans and also burnt his effigy.
Shiv Sena president Ashok Gupta appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold an enquiry into the matter and get Vaidik arrested.
"Modi should investigate the matter and get Vaidik arrested. Today it has been proved that all militant activities start from Pakistan. Therefore I want to appeal that Vaidik should be arrested, no matter what views he holds or that he is Ramdev`s close aide. We demand that people who meet Hafiz Saeed should be arrested," said Gupta.
Vaidik has been facing criticism from the opposition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed on July 2 in Lahore, Pakistan, after his pictures with the Pakistani Islamist leader was seen in social media.
Vaidik has openly accepted that he had met Hafiz Saeed and said that he is ready to share all records of his meetings in Pakistan.
Not only the meeting with Hafiz Saeed, but his statement in Pakistan on Kashmir has fuelled criticism. However, he later clarified to ANI that he meant about freedom for the people of Kashmir and not `freedom for Kashmir`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US