Shiv Sena flays Rahul Gandhi for calling Mumbai ‘Bombay’
Mumbai: In a fresh salvo against Rahul
Gandhi, Shiv Sena today flayed the `Congress yuvraj` for
calling Mumbai as Bombay during his recent visit to the city.
"During his speech here, Rahul Gandhi repeatedly
called Mumbai as Bombay. Those who want to break Mumbai away
from Maharashtra call Mumbai as Bombay," Sena Chief Bal
Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana.`
39-year-old Gandhi`s Mumbai visit was like the
"funeral procession of Congress" taken out by Marathi people,
Ridiculing Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe,
who was seen carrying Gandhi`s shoes, apparently for
safe-keeping, during the Congress leader`s visit here,
Thackeray said, "The minister should be ashamed to stoop so
"Rahul Gandhi is not a Mahatma Gandhi so that his
shoes should be held close to the heart," the editorial said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy