Shiv Sena flays Rahul Gandhi for calling Mumbai ‘Bombay’
Mumbai: In a fresh salvo against Rahul
Gandhi, Shiv Sena today flayed the `Congress yuvraj` for
calling Mumbai as Bombay during his recent visit to the city.
"During his speech here, Rahul Gandhi repeatedly
called Mumbai as Bombay. Those who want to break Mumbai away
from Maharashtra call Mumbai as Bombay," Sena Chief Bal
Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana.`
39-year-old Gandhi`s Mumbai visit was like the
"funeral procession of Congress" taken out by Marathi people,
Ridiculing Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe,
who was seen carrying Gandhi`s shoes, apparently for
safe-keeping, during the Congress leader`s visit here,
Thackeray said, "The minister should be ashamed to stoop so
"Rahul Gandhi is not a Mahatma Gandhi so that his
shoes should be held close to the heart," the editorial said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery