Shiv Sena flays Rahul Gandhi for calling Mumbai ‘Bombay’
Mumbai: In a fresh salvo against Rahul
Gandhi, Shiv Sena today flayed the `Congress yuvraj` for
calling Mumbai as Bombay during his recent visit to the city.
"During his speech here, Rahul Gandhi repeatedly
called Mumbai as Bombay. Those who want to break Mumbai away
from Maharashtra call Mumbai as Bombay," Sena Chief Bal
Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana.`
39-year-old Gandhi`s Mumbai visit was like the
"funeral procession of Congress" taken out by Marathi people,
Ridiculing Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe,
who was seen carrying Gandhi`s shoes, apparently for
safe-keeping, during the Congress leader`s visit here,
Thackeray said, "The minister should be ashamed to stoop so
"Rahul Gandhi is not a Mahatma Gandhi so that his
shoes should be held close to the heart," the editorial said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'