Shiv Sena MP compares force-feeding controversy to Godhra
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Amidst criticism over force-feeding a Muslim staffer of Maharashtra Sadan who was observing the Ramzan fast, a Shiv Sena MP on Wednesday likened the incident to the Godhra train burning incident in Gujarat.
Talking to a daily, Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul said: “This is just like Godhra. Everyone forgot Godhra but only remembered what happened after that. Here too, everyone is talking about the incident, but no one is bothered about why it happened.”
The Godhra train burning incident in which 59 people were burnt alive is believed to be the trigger for the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
Television channels on Wednesday flashed a video clip shot by a local channel, which clearly showed that the first time Shiv Sena MP Rajan Vichare was trying to force a chapati into the staffer`s mouth.
The staffer was seen pleading with the MPs who were angry over the poor quality of food served at the state guest house.
As the incident snowballed into a major controversy, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Aurangabad said: "We may have a Hindutva agenda, but we shall never play with the
religious sentiments of any community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional