Shiv Sena MP compares force-feeding controversy to Godhra
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Amidst criticism over force-feeding a Muslim staffer of Maharashtra Sadan who was observing the Ramzan fast, a Shiv Sena MP on Wednesday likened the incident to the Godhra train burning incident in Gujarat.
Talking to a daily, Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul said: “This is just like Godhra. Everyone forgot Godhra but only remembered what happened after that. Here too, everyone is talking about the incident, but no one is bothered about why it happened.”
The Godhra train burning incident in which 59 people were burnt alive is believed to be the trigger for the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
Television channels on Wednesday flashed a video clip shot by a local channel, which clearly showed that the first time Shiv Sena MP Rajan Vichare was trying to force a chapati into the staffer`s mouth.
The staffer was seen pleading with the MPs who were angry over the poor quality of food served at the state guest house.
As the incident snowballed into a major controversy, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Aurangabad said: "We may have a Hindutva agenda, but we shall never play with the
religious sentiments of any community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter