Shiv Sena MP compares force-feeding controversy to Godhra
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Amidst criticism over force-feeding a Muslim staffer of Maharashtra Sadan who was observing the Ramzan fast, a Shiv Sena MP on Wednesday likened the incident to the Godhra train burning incident in Gujarat.
Talking to a daily, Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul said: “This is just like Godhra. Everyone forgot Godhra but only remembered what happened after that. Here too, everyone is talking about the incident, but no one is bothered about why it happened.”
The Godhra train burning incident in which 59 people were burnt alive is believed to be the trigger for the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
Television channels on Wednesday flashed a video clip shot by a local channel, which clearly showed that the first time Shiv Sena MP Rajan Vichare was trying to force a chapati into the staffer`s mouth.
The staffer was seen pleading with the MPs who were angry over the poor quality of food served at the state guest house.
As the incident snowballed into a major controversy, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Aurangabad said: "We may have a Hindutva agenda, but we shall never play with the
religious sentiments of any community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price