Shiv Sena MP compares force-feeding controversy to Godhra
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Amidst criticism over force-feeding a Muslim staffer of Maharashtra Sadan who was observing the Ramzan fast, a Shiv Sena MP on Wednesday likened the incident to the Godhra train burning incident in Gujarat.
Talking to a daily, Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul said: “This is just like Godhra. Everyone forgot Godhra but only remembered what happened after that. Here too, everyone is talking about the incident, but no one is bothered about why it happened.”
The Godhra train burning incident in which 59 people were burnt alive is believed to be the trigger for the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
Television channels on Wednesday flashed a video clip shot by a local channel, which clearly showed that the first time Shiv Sena MP Rajan Vichare was trying to force a chapati into the staffer`s mouth.
The staffer was seen pleading with the MPs who were angry over the poor quality of food served at the state guest house.
As the incident snowballed into a major controversy, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Aurangabad said: "We may have a Hindutva agenda, but we shall never play with the
religious sentiments of any community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden