Shiv Sena MP compares force-feeding controversy to Godhra
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Amidst criticism over force-feeding a Muslim staffer of Maharashtra Sadan who was observing the Ramzan fast, a Shiv Sena MP on Wednesday likened the incident to the Godhra train burning incident in Gujarat.
Talking to a daily, Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul said: “This is just like Godhra. Everyone forgot Godhra but only remembered what happened after that. Here too, everyone is talking about the incident, but no one is bothered about why it happened.”
The Godhra train burning incident in which 59 people were burnt alive is believed to be the trigger for the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
Television channels on Wednesday flashed a video clip shot by a local channel, which clearly showed that the first time Shiv Sena MP Rajan Vichare was trying to force a chapati into the staffer`s mouth.
The staffer was seen pleading with the MPs who were angry over the poor quality of food served at the state guest house.
As the incident snowballed into a major controversy, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Aurangabad said: "We may have a Hindutva agenda, but we shall never play with the
religious sentiments of any community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued