Shiv Sena mum on Narendra Modi, but will be part of NDA
Panaji: The Shiv Sena will contest the 2014 Lok Sabha polls as part of the NDA, party supremo Uddhav Thackeray said on Friday but refused to comment on the Narendra Modi factor.
"We will contest the next election as part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA). And we will win because the people are tired and angry with the Congress," Thackeray told reporters here.
The Shiv Sena chief was in Panaji for the inauguration of a Marathi film festival.
Thackeray, however, refused to comment as to whether the Shiv Sena was okay with the possibility of the Gujarat Chief Minister being projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"The issue has not come to us yet. When we decide we will speak to the media there (in Maharashtra)," Thackeray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam