Shiv Sena mum on Narendra Modi, but will be part of NDA
Panaji: The Shiv Sena will contest the 2014 Lok Sabha polls as part of the NDA, party supremo Uddhav Thackeray said on Friday but refused to comment on the Narendra Modi factor.
"We will contest the next election as part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA). And we will win because the people are tired and angry with the Congress," Thackeray told reporters here.
The Shiv Sena chief was in Panaji for the inauguration of a Marathi film festival.
Thackeray, however, refused to comment as to whether the Shiv Sena was okay with the possibility of the Gujarat Chief Minister being projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"The issue has not come to us yet. When we decide we will speak to the media there (in Maharashtra)," Thackeray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family