Shiv Sena to oppose reservation on caste or religious lines
New Delhi: NDA constituent Shiv Sena, which opposed the bill for quota in promotion for SCs/STs in government jobs in Rajya Sabha on Thursday, said it will continue to oppose reservation of any kind on caste or religious lines.
"Shiv Sena has been holding this stand for long. It is not a political stand for vote bank politics, it is a stand for social justice. We hold that no one should get reservation on the basis of religion or caste," Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut told reporters here.
"The current bill providing for reservation in promotions is totally against social justice. It is against merit. It will kill merit in the country and will lead to anarchy. We have opposed it and will continue to oppose it," he said.
Dismissing the comments made by Congress leader Digvijay Singh that Thackeray family hailed from Bihar and migrated to Mumbai, Raut asked the Congress leadership to give "research work" to Singh.
"We would suggest to Congress leaders that Digvijay Singh who has no work should be entrusted with research work instead and be given a librarian-like post in a library. Congress has lost wherever he has campaigned and he is idle these days. Digvijay Singh has always spoken a lie and this is another of his lies about the Thackeray family," Raut alleged.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh had said the Thackeray family itself belonged to Bihar and had settled in Dhar in western Madhya Pradesh from where they migrated to Mumbai.
"If you look at the history of Mumbai, then it is a city of fishermen. Rest all have settled there from outside," Singh had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'