Shivani murder accused RK Sharma gets interim bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted interim bail to former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer RK Sharma, serving life term in the murder of journalist Shivani Bhatnagar, to enable him to visit his elder daughter and newly-born grandson.
A division bench comprising of Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Ajit Bharioke granted bail to Sharma for two months. He is lodged in Tihar Jail.
While granting bail, the court took on record his good conduct in the jail for the past three years.
Sharma approached the court stating that he wanted to see his grandson, who was born to his elder daughter recently.
However, the court dismissed his plea for regular bail.
Shivani Bhatnagar, principal correspondent of the Indian Express, was found murdered in her flat in East Delhi on Jan 23, 1999. She was at home alone with her infant son, when the murder took place.
Two others held guilty in the case are Sri Bhagwan and Satya Prakash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical