Shivani murder accused RK Sharma gets interim bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted interim bail to former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer RK Sharma, serving life term in the murder of journalist Shivani Bhatnagar, to enable him to visit his elder daughter and newly-born grandson.
A division bench comprising of Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Ajit Bharioke granted bail to Sharma for two months. He is lodged in Tihar Jail.
While granting bail, the court took on record his good conduct in the jail for the past three years.
Sharma approached the court stating that he wanted to see his grandson, who was born to his elder daughter recently.
However, the court dismissed his plea for regular bail.
Shivani Bhatnagar, principal correspondent of the Indian Express, was found murdered in her flat in East Delhi on Jan 23, 1999. She was at home alone with her infant son, when the murder took place.
Two others held guilty in the case are Sri Bhagwan and Satya Prakash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh