Shivani murder accused RK Sharma gets interim bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted interim bail to former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer RK Sharma, serving life term in the murder of journalist Shivani Bhatnagar, to enable him to visit his elder daughter and newly-born grandson.
A division bench comprising of Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Ajit Bharioke granted bail to Sharma for two months. He is lodged in Tihar Jail.
While granting bail, the court took on record his good conduct in the jail for the past three years.
Sharma approached the court stating that he wanted to see his grandson, who was born to his elder daughter recently.
However, the court dismissed his plea for regular bail.
Shivani Bhatnagar, principal correspondent of the Indian Express, was found murdered in her flat in East Delhi on Jan 23, 1999. She was at home alone with her infant son, when the murder took place.
Two others held guilty in the case are Sri Bhagwan and Satya Prakash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons