Shivani murder accused RK Sharma gets interim bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday granted interim bail to former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer RK Sharma, serving life term in the murder of journalist Shivani Bhatnagar, to enable him to visit his elder daughter and newly-born grandson.
A division bench comprising of Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Ajit Bharioke granted bail to Sharma for two months. He is lodged in Tihar Jail.
While granting bail, the court took on record his good conduct in the jail for the past three years.
Sharma approached the court stating that he wanted to see his grandson, who was born to his elder daughter recently.
However, the court dismissed his plea for regular bail.
Shivani Bhatnagar, principal correspondent of the Indian Express, was found murdered in her flat in East Delhi on Jan 23, 1999. She was at home alone with her infant son, when the murder took place.
Two others held guilty in the case are Sri Bhagwan and Satya Prakash.
- Sailors rush for tattoos as US Navy bends rules to recruit
- Conduct forensic test on Narada sting tapes, orders Calcutta HC
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi acquitted in Radhakrishnan assault case
- 'Russian Doll' galaxy cluster decodes information about dark energy