Shivraj Chouhan congratulates Narendra Modi
Panaji: Often pitted to counter Narendra Modi, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said the decision to hand over the reins of the BJP poll campaign to the Gujarat Chief Minister would benefit not only the party but the entire country.
"I am confident that not only the party but the entire country would benefit by the decision taken by the BJP President under the guidance of L K Advani and in consultation with senior party leaders," Chouhan told reporters here.
Only last week Advani, who is strongly opposed to the elevation of Modi in the party hierarchy, had heaped praise on Chouhan and compared him with former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"I congratulate him (Modi). We all will work tirelessly to ensure that BJP forms the government at the Centre in 2014," Chouhan said reacting to Modi`s appointment as Chairman of BJP`s Campaign Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
He said Advani`s blessings would always be with Modi and other leaders of the party.
"Vajpayeeji and Advaniji are personalities who have taken the BJP to great heights. We have grown up under the guidance and affection and their blessings are always with us," Chouhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!