Shivraj Patil sworn in as Rajasthan Governor
Jaipur: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, who
has been given additional charge of Rajasthan following the
demise of Prabha Rau, was sworn in here on Wednesday.
Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice Jagdish Bhalla
administered the oath of office to Patil at a simple function
in Raj Bhawan.
Two minutes silence was observed as a mark of respect to
late Governor Rau.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by Rajasthan Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot, Cabinet ministers and other senior
Prabha Rau had died due to a heart attack in New Delhi on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal