Shivraj Patil sworn in as Rajasthan Governor
Jaipur: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, who
has been given additional charge of Rajasthan following the
demise of Prabha Rau, was sworn in here on Wednesday.
Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice Jagdish Bhalla
administered the oath of office to Patil at a simple function
in Raj Bhawan.
Two minutes silence was observed as a mark of respect to
late Governor Rau.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by Rajasthan Chief
Minister Ashok Gehlot, Cabinet ministers and other senior
Prabha Rau had died due to a heart attack in New Delhi on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands