Shivraj Singh Chouhan calls Narendra Modi as elder brother
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Bhopal: Putting a full stop on the speculations of rivalry between him and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minster Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday sought to clear the air by saying there were `no differences` between him and Narendra Modi.
Yesterday, a political storm was stirred with the news of BJP`s poll panel chief`s name missing from the posters put up for MP CM`s Jan Aashirwad Yatra.
BJP stalwarts like LK Advani, party chief Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and Atal Bihari Vajpayee were featured in the poster.
"There are no differences between me and Modi ji. He is a respected leader of our party and is like my elder brother. I have great respect for him and under his guidance BJP will definitely win the upcoming General Elections," Shivraj Singh Chouhan said to reporters.
Chouhan, who is seeking a third term in office, is expected to cover 224 Assembly constituencies and travel a distance of 8,000 km, as per state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
The state BJP president had earlier told reporters that the yatra should be seen as a prelude to the `Maha Kumbh` of BJP workers scheduled to be held on September 25.
Chouhan was addressing roadshows held in Malwa region from Ujjain to Dhar districts as part of the 50-day `Jan Ashirwad Yatra`, which was launched yesterday ahead of the forthcoming state elections due this year-end.
Chouhan listed a number of welfare schemes, especially the `Laadli-Laxmi Yojna` and the sale of wheat, rice and salt at highly subsidised rate, which are being implemented by his government.
However, this is not the first time that leaders within the party have shown their disagreement on making Narendra Modi as BJP`s PM candidate.
A day after Chouhan hailed LK Advani as BJP`s top leader, another voice of support for the party patriarch came today when Shatrughan Sinha described him as the "most seasoned and mature" leader who must be at the "helm of affairs".
Sinha also appeared to lend his support to murmurs of discontent in the party over projection of the Gujarat Chief Minister as possible prime ministerial candidate saying if it was done through Parliamentary Board "it would be great".
Endorsing Nobel laureate Amartya Sen`s views against Narendra Modi, Janata Dal (United) also said today that the BJP leader was not fit to be prime minister and his arrival on the national stage has resulted in shifting of focus from burning issues to non-issues.
Earlier, the 17-year-old alliance between Bharatiya Janata Party and JD(U) broke due to a crisis which erupted due to the BJP`s decision to choose Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to head its election campaign.
Meanwhile reiterating party patriarch Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s words, Shatrughan Sinha said, "Vajpayee ji used to say that rivals were no problem but the problem for the party was from within."
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'