Shoma Chaudhury should have resigned earlier, says BJP
Allahabad: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Siddharth Nath Singh on Thursday said Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury`s resignation has come late and added that she should have resigned long time back.
"Shoma Chaudhury`s resignation has come late, she should have resigned long time back. Taking time also helps in destroying the evidence," Singh said.
He further claimed that Tehelka is a mouthpiece of Congress.
"There is no doubt that Tehelka always worked as a mouthpiece of congress," he said.
Chaudhury has resigned amid unabated criticism for the way she handled a young journalist`s complaint that the magazine`s founder Tarun Tejpal had molested her in a Goa hotel earlier this month.
According to reports, in a letter sent to Tehelka colleagues announcing her decision to quit, Chaudhury said, "Over the past week, I have been accused of an attempt to "cover-up" and for not standing by my feminist positions. While I accept that I could have done many things differently and in a more measured way, I reject the allegations of a cover-up because in no way could the first actions that were taken be deemed suppression of any kind."
Earlier this week, Chaudhury was interrogated by the Goa police, which has booked Tejpal for rape. Tejpal request for bail will be decided on Friday, the Delhi High Court said yesterday, refusing to stop the Goa Police from arresting him till then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi