Short validity passport for Haj pilgrims
New Delhi: People who want to go on Haj but
lack proper travel documents can now breathe easy as they will
have the facility of a speedy short validity passport.
"Ministry of External Affairs has issued instructions to
all Regional Passport Officers in the country to issue a short
validity passport to Haj pilgrims pending receipt of police
verification report," the Ministry spokesman said today.
He said that in order to enable prospective Haj pilgrims
to obtain passport, the Haj Committee has decided to extend
the last date for submission of Haj application forms from
April 16 to April 25.
More than 1,70,000 pilgrims from India would be
performing Haj this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical