Short validity passport for Haj pilgrims
New Delhi: People who want to go on Haj but
lack proper travel documents can now breathe easy as they will
have the facility of a speedy short validity passport.
"Ministry of External Affairs has issued instructions to
all Regional Passport Officers in the country to issue a short
validity passport to Haj pilgrims pending receipt of police
verification report," the Ministry spokesman said today.
He said that in order to enable prospective Haj pilgrims
to obtain passport, the Haj Committee has decided to extend
the last date for submission of Haj application forms from
April 16 to April 25.
More than 1,70,000 pilgrims from India would be
performing Haj this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city