Short validity passport for Haj pilgrims
New Delhi: People who want to go on Haj but
lack proper travel documents can now breathe easy as they will
have the facility of a speedy short validity passport.
"Ministry of External Affairs has issued instructions to
all Regional Passport Officers in the country to issue a short
validity passport to Haj pilgrims pending receipt of police
verification report," the Ministry spokesman said today.
He said that in order to enable prospective Haj pilgrims
to obtain passport, the Haj Committee has decided to extend
the last date for submission of Haj application forms from
April 16 to April 25.
More than 1,70,000 pilgrims from India would be
performing Haj this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?