Should Team Anna join politics? VOTE NOW
New Delhi: Team Anna was on Thursday urged by 23 famous personalities, in a letter written to the anti- corruption activists, to end their indefinite fast.
Saying there was no point in having faith in this political establishment, the letter urged Team Anna to explore the possibility of providing a political alternative.
Reacting to the letter, Team Anna has sought a response from the nation in two days, on whether they should enter politics, through Internet, in person and other means.
The official Twitter handle of India Against Corruption (IAC) as well as its official website have put a poser to the public asking "Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country? Reply YES or NO to this tweet?"
Team Anna also tweeted a link which goes to an Internet page which put up two questions -- Do you have any hope from the existing political parties and Should Annaji provide a political alternative to the country?
The letter, among others, was written by former Army Chief Gen (retired) VK Singh, former CEC JM Lingdyoh, former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, senior journalist Kuldip Nayyar and actor Anupam Kher.
In the letter , the personalities made it clear that the government was not listening to the activists.
Even the opposition appears to be unconcerned, it added.
“If the government is choosing to stay mum, the people of this nation cannot sit silent,” the letter went on to say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires