Showcause notice to 39 fire services personnel
Kolkata: The West Bengal Government has issued a showcause notice to 39 fire-operators-cum-drivers in the Fire Services department appointed during the tenure of the erstwhile Left Front Government.
"They have been asked to satisfy the government with all necessary documents required for appointment in the post applied for or face the consequence," state`s Fire Services Minister Javed Khan said here today.
Khan said that altogether 156 persons were appointed towards the end of the previous government`s tenure.
Soon after the Mamata Banerjee Government took over, a four-member committee was appointed to probe irregularities in the recruitment.
"Anomalies have been found in 39 out of 156 appointments in the department," the minister said adding steps would be taken if they fail to reply to the showcause notice issued by the department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'