Shukla mocks at BJP over new chief`s appointment
Mumbai: Maintaining that election of Rajnath Singh as BJP President is an internal matter of the party, Union Minister and Congress leader Rajiv Shukla went on to take potshots at the saffron outfit, seeking to know the "mystery" behind "overnight coup" involving the appointment.
"It is their internal matter. BJP always has an issue on who will become their chief and still it claims to be a democratic party. This overnight coup, I don`t think I will get to see in any other party, where one chief is suddenly replaced by someone else. What is surprising is that they claim they elect their leader democratically," he said on Wednesday.
Singh was today unanimously elected President of BJP, capping last minute dramatic turn of events which saw Nitin Gadkari being forced out of the race for the second term.
"They should have given the reason why Gadkari resigned. What happened overnight that he had to resign? The entire day, their spokesman was praising Gadkari.
"Suddenly, what happened at night that all the praises changed into criticism and they accepted his resignation and brought in a new person. I think this mystery should be uncovered," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened