Shunglu panel to submit three more reports on CWG
The reports will highlight several inadequacies on part of government officials and contractors in executing several works for the sporting extravaganza held in Delhi between October 3-14 last year.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
appointed Shunglu Committee will submit another three reports
on alleged irregularities in Commonwealth Games related
projects by March 29.
The reports will highlight several inadequacies on part
of government officials and contractors in executing several
works for the sporting extravaganza held here between October
3-14 last year.
"We will submit three more reports by March 29. They will
be on Commonwealth Games Organising Committee and Games venues
related matters," Shunglu said.
The Committee has already submitted its reports on host
broadcasting deal by Prasar Bharti, construction of
Commonwealth Games Village and on City infrastructure related
projects to the PMO.
However, Shunglu denied to divulge further details on the
probe or the findings submitted by him and said that
"Everything is in the report. They are self explanatory."
In its first report submitted on January 31 on alleged
irregularities in awarding broadcasting rights during the mega
event, the committee recommended strict action against
suspended Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti BS Lalli
and former Director General (Doordarshan) Aruna Sharma under
relevant Sections of IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act for
their alleged act of omission and commission.
Whereas in its second and third report on Games Village
and City Infrastructure, it named Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder
Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged