Shunglu panel`s suggestion on CAG under govt`s consideration: Narayanasamy
New Delhi: The government on Sunday said that a former CAG`s suggestion for making the official auditor a multi-member body is under consideration.
"It (Shunglu panel`s suggestion to make changes in CAG) is under active consideration. The government is actively considering it," Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy told a news agency in an interview.
The minister was replying to a question about a suggestion by former Comptroller and Auditor General VK Shunglu that CAG be made a multi-member body.
Shunglu had suggested that "a three-member body would obtain greater transparency in its operation. One member should possess professional accounting qualifications, Chartered Accountant or its equivalent."
"This should not seem to exclude an Indian Audits and Accounts Service officer from the triumvirate, who has wide exposure to finance, audit and accounts and best international practices in these areas," Shunglu had said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Narayanasamy also said that Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has become "more impatient" and he wants that all constitutional bodies to work within their parameters.
Apparently referring to comments made by incumbent CAG Vinod Rai on various occasions, he said, "It is unfortunate (that) the constitutional body in this country is commenting on the government taking some decisions."
"Of late I have found, CAG is making remarks which are unwarranted. According to me, it is unwarranted and unnecessary. I think, nowadays he (Rai) has become more impatient. That is what I feel from my side."
"By saying this I am not criticising. I am telling that everybody in the government has to function within the parameters given to them," Narayanasamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai