Shunglu report rocks Delhi Assembly; BJP MLAs marshalled out
New Delhi: Almost all BJP MLAs were
marshalled out of the Delhi Assembly for the second straight
day today after they disrupted proceedings on the issue of the
Shunglu Committee report naming Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
for procedural violations in executing CWG projects.
It was trouble from the word go as BJP members, led by
V K Malhotra, the Leader of the Opposition, caused an uproar
demanding that the report of the probe panel be tabled in the
Speaker Yoganand Shastri asked the members to allow
the Question Hour to take place but the protests continued,
after which he adjourned the proceedings for 20 minutes.
When the House re-assembled, BJP members raised anti-
government slogans and trooped into the well of the House.
The Speaker then ordered eviction of BJP MLAs. Malhotra and
another senior BJP leader Harsh Bardhan were not named by the
Speaker but they also walked out of the Assembly maintaining
that "injustice" was being meted out to them.
Shastri said "the report has not come here", to which
Bardhan retorted, "the whole world knows about it".
The BJP members had disrupted proceedings on the issue
yesterday also following which they were marshalled out.
The Shunglu Committee, appointed by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to probe charges of corruption in related to
the sporting extravaganza, has found alleged procedural
violations by Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and Dikshit in
execution of some of the Games projects.
The high-level committee has estimated Rs 900 crore as
"cost of delay" by certain government departments in
implementing city infrastructure related projects and Rs 300
crore loss to DDA in construction of residential facilities at
the Games Village.
Dikshit told reporters outside the House that her
government is preparing a response to the Shunglu Committee
report. "We will send the report to the Prime Minister and the
Union Cabinet Secretary," she said. Officials said the report
will be sent either on Monday or on Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India