Shutdown disrupts normal life in Manipur
Imphal (Manipur): The two-day shutdown call given by the All Manipur United Club Organisation (AMUCO) as a mark of protest against the visit of Thuingaleng Muivah, the rebel Naga leader of National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak Muivah (NSCN-IM) has disrupted normal life in the state.
The markets in Imphal presented a deserted look, while commercial establishments in the other areas of the state rolled down its shutters.
The shutdown that began at around 6 pm on Thursday will continue till 6 pm on Saturday.
The AMUCO has supported the decision of the state government to ban the entry of Muivah in Manipur, where he has planned to visit his ancestral place Somdal.
The AMUCO also urged the government not to retreat from their stand, and reaffirmed that the government has complete support of the people.
The government has imposed an embargo on his visit, contending that it will create law and order problem and might disturb the peace in the state.
Muivah had proposed to visit Somdal, located in Ukhrul district, between May 3 and 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic