SI murder: TMC councillor Mohd Iqbal arrested from Bihar
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammed Iqbal, one of the accused in the sub-inspector murder case in violence in Garden Reach area here last month, was arrested on Thursday from Bihar, officials said.
"We have arrested Iqbal from Dehri-on-Sone area near Gaya in Bihar. He was arrested at around 8 PM today. He will be brought to Kolkata tomorrow," ADG (CID) Sivaji Ghosh told PTI.
Sub-Inspector Tapas Choudhury was killed during the violence between Congress and Trinamool supporters near a college in Garden Reach on February 12.
The Kolkata Police`s detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury.
After West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan`s strong criticism of the violence and attack by opposition parties, the case was handed to the CID which has already arrested Congress leader Moktar few days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report