SI murder: TMC councillor Mohd Iqbal arrested from Bihar
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammed Iqbal, one of the accused in the sub-inspector murder case in violence in Garden Reach area here last month, was arrested on Thursday from Bihar, officials said.
"We have arrested Iqbal from Dehri-on-Sone area near Gaya in Bihar. He was arrested at around 8 PM today. He will be brought to Kolkata tomorrow," ADG (CID) Sivaji Ghosh told PTI.
Sub-Inspector Tapas Choudhury was killed during the violence between Congress and Trinamool supporters near a college in Garden Reach on February 12.
The Kolkata Police`s detective department had arrested 12 people along with Sheikh Subhaan who had allegedly fired at Choudhury.
After West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan`s strong criticism of the violence and attack by opposition parties, the case was handed to the CID which has already arrested Congress leader Moktar few days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP