Sibal bats for Foreign Education Providers Bill
Kolkata: Asserting that the passage of the Foreign Education Providers Bill will help Indian students to have a world class education, union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal Wednesday said he wants `Inspector Raj` to be abolished from schools.
"I personally want inspection to be abolished from school. The school should upload on its website what it offers, the qualifications of the faculty, the fees. All essential features must be uploaded on the website," said Sibal while addressing a programme here.
"And if the government finds out that what has been put is inconsistent with the reality on the ground, then that should be termed as `educational malpractice`. The people will be prosecuted and fined in accordance with the quantum of malpractice but there would be no inspection," he added.
But Sibal regretted that this policy would never see the light of the day as a large section of the private sector has an enormous stake in ensuring that its business runs as usual.
"The political parties also get persuaded by those elements in the private sector who do not want change. But I think the time has come to rise above politics as we are dealing with the future of India," said Sibal.
Sibal batted for the passage of the Foreign Education Providers Bill to be passed as it would help Indian students to interact and exchange ideas with foreign faculty and students.
"It would help Indian students to interact with foreign faculty and exchange ideas. We cannot restrict knowledge," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened