Sibal for edu system free of political interference
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday
batted for an education system that is free from political
interference and policies that had support of all sections.
"The difficult point is when we talk about education,
politics creeps in. If there is one area where policies must
be consensual and based on everybody`s support, it is in the
area of education because the future of the nation is actually
built in the classroom," he told an award function here to
honour teachers on the eve of Teachers Day.
He said the need of the hour is dialogue and emergence of
consensus and cooperation on all important issues especially
in the field of education to meet the challenges of 21st
The minister advocated an overhaul of the classroom
teaching system where teachers have more responsibility to
groom students and develop a sense of "inquiry" among them.
"Teacher should prepare classroom teaching accordingly
where the sense of inquiry of a child is satisfied," he said.
He emphasised on the need for developing harmonious
relations between teachers and students where both listen to
As many as 17 CBSE teachers and principals were awarded
at the function by Sibal who said more and more teachers
especially in interior and remote areas should aim for such
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight