Sibal for national strategy for promotion of Urdu
New Delhi: Promotion of liberal arts
associated with the Urdu language like calligraphy, painting,
ghazal singing will be put on fast track, HRD Minister Kapil
Sibal said Wednesday.
He said issues like shortage of Urdu teachers would also
be taken up at the next meeting of the state education
ministers here later this month.
Underlining the need to make the study of Urdu relevant
in keeping with the aspirations of the youth, he said a
national strategy should be evolved in this regard.
"A new vision and a national strategy is needed in order
to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Urdu language,
literature and the art forms like calligraphy," he said
chairing the 18th Meeting of the National Council for
Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL).
He said Urdu language could be made a component in the
national vocational educational curriculum framework to be
Several suggestions were also put forward at the meeting
as well as worries voiced about preservation of the language.
While one of the members expressed his concern over
shortage of Urdu language teachers, another member contended
that though Urdu teachers are available, they somehow are not
Responding to them, the Minister said that this matter
would be taken up in the meeting of state education ministers
to be held later this month.
Earlier, three interactive session had taken place to
prepare an approach paper for the promotion and preservation
of the language.
These sessions were presided over by Deputy Chairman,
Rajya Sabha K Rahman Khan on March 12, 2010, by noted scholar
Shamsur Rehman Farugi on August 2, 2010 and by Member,
Planning Commission Syeda Hameed on December 28, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks