Sibal for regulatory mechanism for distance edu
New Delhi: To enhance the standard of
distance education, the Government today indicated that it was
mulling putting in place a regulatory mechanism and bringing
changes in the body which coordinates such programmes.
"Regulation is important in distance education. If
Distance Education Council gives permission, then anyone will
start courses and there will be no quality," HRD Minister
Kapil Sibal said.
Noting that changes in content and delivery system
were also vital for the future of such mode of education, he
also suggested bringing in changes in the Distance Education
Council to ensure quality education to students.
The Council is an apex body for approval of programmes
and coordination in open and distance learning system.
Sibal said the exam centric system should be done away
with step by step and students be given the freedom to make
their own choices.
Felicitating winning students and teachers of Kendriya
Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya of a contest which seeks to
demonstrate exceptional performance of ICT integration in
school curriculum, he said their performance shows government
schools also perform on par with private schools.
The contest `Best integration of technology in
education` was organised with the active support of Intel.
Eight teachers, 12 students and six regions across the
country were felicitated. More than 3,500 entries were
received and after three stages of evaluation of the digital
projects, the winners were announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray