Sibal meets US officials to discuss cyber security
New Delhi: Cyber security topped the agenda
of talks between the visiting US officials and Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal here on Tuesday.
Both sides remained tigh-lipped about the meeting between
Sibal and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard
Schmidt, Christopher Painter as Coordinator for Cyber Issues
and Bruce Mcconnell Senior Coordinator for Department Under
However, sources privy to the discussions said that the
issue of securing the cyber world remained high on agenda
between the two sides.
Surprisingly, the agenda of dialogue between the two
sides also included coastal security, mega city policing,
countering illicit financing and trans-national crime, among
others, the sources added.
In May, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
Napolitano had met Sibal to discuss various issues related to
cyber security of both countries.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success