Sibal meets US officials to discuss cyber security
New Delhi: Cyber security topped the agenda
of talks between the visiting US officials and Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal here on Tuesday.
Both sides remained tigh-lipped about the meeting between
Sibal and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard
Schmidt, Christopher Painter as Coordinator for Cyber Issues
and Bruce Mcconnell Senior Coordinator for Department Under
However, sources privy to the discussions said that the
issue of securing the cyber world remained high on agenda
between the two sides.
Surprisingly, the agenda of dialogue between the two
sides also included coastal security, mega city policing,
countering illicit financing and trans-national crime, among
others, the sources added.
In May, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
Napolitano had met Sibal to discuss various issues related to
cyber security of both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?