Sibal meets US officials to discuss cyber security
New Delhi: Cyber security topped the agenda
of talks between the visiting US officials and Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal here on Tuesday.
Both sides remained tigh-lipped about the meeting between
Sibal and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard
Schmidt, Christopher Painter as Coordinator for Cyber Issues
and Bruce Mcconnell Senior Coordinator for Department Under
However, sources privy to the discussions said that the
issue of securing the cyber world remained high on agenda
between the two sides.
Surprisingly, the agenda of dialogue between the two
sides also included coastal security, mega city policing,
countering illicit financing and trans-national crime, among
others, the sources added.
In May, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
Napolitano had met Sibal to discuss various issues related to
cyber security of both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan