Sibal meets US officials to discuss cyber security
New Delhi: Cyber security topped the agenda
of talks between the visiting US officials and Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal here on Tuesday.
Both sides remained tigh-lipped about the meeting between
Sibal and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard
Schmidt, Christopher Painter as Coordinator for Cyber Issues
and Bruce Mcconnell Senior Coordinator for Department Under
However, sources privy to the discussions said that the
issue of securing the cyber world remained high on agenda
between the two sides.
Surprisingly, the agenda of dialogue between the two
sides also included coastal security, mega city policing,
countering illicit financing and trans-national crime, among
others, the sources added.
In May, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
Napolitano had met Sibal to discuss various issues related to
cyber security of both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH