Sibal meets US officials to discuss cyber security
New Delhi: Cyber security topped the agenda
of talks between the visiting US officials and Telecom
Minister Kapil Sibal here on Tuesday.
Both sides remained tigh-lipped about the meeting between
Sibal and White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard
Schmidt, Christopher Painter as Coordinator for Cyber Issues
and Bruce Mcconnell Senior Coordinator for Department Under
However, sources privy to the discussions said that the
issue of securing the cyber world remained high on agenda
between the two sides.
Surprisingly, the agenda of dialogue between the two
sides also included coastal security, mega city policing,
countering illicit financing and trans-national crime, among
others, the sources added.
In May, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
Napolitano had met Sibal to discuss various issues related to
cyber security of both countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY