Sibal slams Sri Sri`s remarks on govt schools
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday slammed Sri Sri Ravi Shankar`s remarks suggesting that government schools are breeding ground for Naxals saying
nobody with some element of sanity would make such a sweeping statement.
"When I read the statement, I was surprised. I am confident that perhaps the person had not made such a statement.... Any person with a sense of balance cannot make such a statement.... There must be some mistake in reporting,
because any person with some element of sanity would not have made such a remark. I am sure the individual you are talking about is fully sane...," Sibal told reporters here.
He was asked to comment on the reported remarks of the
Sibal said people who are in the highest positions in the
government and outside government, members of the judiciary
and former Presidents have studied in government schools. "Can
it ever be said that they are all naxalites," he said.
He said he would give a "benefit of doubt" to Ravi
Shankar "because I do not think even temporarily a person
would be inclined to say such a thing because it would be such
a sweeping statement that no individual having a sense of
balance would make such a statement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed