Sibal slams Sri Sri`s remarks on govt schools
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Wednesday slammed Sri Sri Ravi Shankar`s remarks suggesting that government schools are breeding ground for Naxals saying
nobody with some element of sanity would make such a sweeping statement.
"When I read the statement, I was surprised. I am confident that perhaps the person had not made such a statement.... Any person with a sense of balance cannot make such a statement.... There must be some mistake in reporting,
because any person with some element of sanity would not have made such a remark. I am sure the individual you are talking about is fully sane...," Sibal told reporters here.
He was asked to comment on the reported remarks of the
Sibal said people who are in the highest positions in the
government and outside government, members of the judiciary
and former Presidents have studied in government schools. "Can
it ever be said that they are all naxalites," he said.
He said he would give a "benefit of doubt" to Ravi
Shankar "because I do not think even temporarily a person
would be inclined to say such a thing because it would be such
a sweeping statement that no individual having a sense of
balance would make such a statement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!