Sign of HRD MoS’ PA forged for release of grant
New Delhi: Unidentified persons have forged
the signature of Minister of State for HRD D Purandeswari`s
personal assistant to obtain grants for an educational
institution in Uttar Pradesh with police suspecting the role
of some "insiders" in the episode.
A case was registered in this connection by Economic
Offences Wing of Delhi Police`s Crime Branch on Monday
following investigations into a complaint filed by HRD Chief
Vigilance Officer and Joint Secretary Amit Khare in August.
According to the complaint, unidentified persons had
forged the signature of Mandala Kanakaji, the first Personal
Assistant to the MoS (HRD), on the official letter head of the
Ministry to get grant released in a fraudulent manner.
"The signatures have been forged on printed official
letter head and the same has been issued from the office of
the Minister with a valid diary number and seal points to the
involvement of some insiders in the Minister`s office," a
senior police official said.
The letter with forged signature was typed in Hindi
seeking release of grants for an institution in Jaunpur
district of UP, the official said.
Kanakaji told police that Hindi typing or any other
official work in Hindi is not done in the office of
Purandeswari, the official said.
The Personal Assistant also said that he suspected that
somebody working in the Minister`s office could be involved
and that he was not authorised to release grants or payments.
Following investigations, the official said, police
decided to register a case under Section 468 (forgery for the
purpose of cheating) and Section 471 (using as genuine a
forged document or electronic record) of Indian Penal Code
against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar