Significant progress made in Sino-Indian ties: China
Beijing: Projecting Sino-India relations
in a positive light, China on Tuesday expressed readiness to work
with India as "good partners" and "good neighbours" to resolve
pending issues like the border dispute.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said "the
two countries have maintained high-level contacts and
cooperation and exchanges in various fields and made
He was responding to a question about Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao`s comments in Washington that the
relationship between India and China has improved
significantly in the last two decades.
"We would like to work with India to make a stronger
relationship, becoming good neighbours, good friends and good
partners forever," he said.
"Both the countries are committed to bilateral, good
neighbourly and friendly relations on issues facing 21
century for common prosperity. China is ready to work with
Indian side to enhance our relationship as good partners and
good neighbours," Qin said.
On the border issue, he said: "Of course it is
inevitable that issues of border disputes remain between us,
but the important consensus reached by leaders that is to
commit to the political parameters signed and properly
handling will ensure peace and stability".
He said pending the resolution of the issues the two
countries should ensure the stability of the border area.
"We believe with the development of China-India
relations, border issue will be gradually resolved," he said.
China and India are neighbours and major developing
countries, so enhancing the bilateral relations is conducive
to both the countries and also to world peace, the spokesman
China and India began to discuss border issues in the
1980s. Two agreements were signed in 1993 and 1996
respectively with an aim of maintaining peace and stability in
the border area.
In 2003, the two countries designated special
representatives for demarcation work.
In 2005, China and India signed a political guideline
on demarcation during Premier Wen Jiabao`s visit to India. The
two countries also announced a strategic cooperative
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan