Sikh-Americans urge PM to raise issue of attack on Sikhs
Washington: The Sikh-American community has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to raise the issue of increasing attacks on the community members in the US with President Barack Obama during their meeting on Friday.
"This is the best time for Prime Minister of India to raise the issues and concerns of the USA Sikh community during the meeting with President Obama," the North American Punjabi Association (NAPA) said in a statement on the eve of Singh`s arrival here.
Referring to a series of recent attacks on the Sikhs, NAPA said this is very unfortunate that attacks on the Sikh Americans are growing every passing day.
"There seems no end of these attacks," it said in a statement.
In a recent attack, a Sikh professor at the Columbia University was attacked and injured in New York by a mob of up to 30 people who called him "Osama" and "terrorist" during a brutal assault which the police is investigating as a hate crime last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read