Sikh devotees in Pak to celebrate Baisakhi
Attari (Amritsar): Nearly 1200 Sikh
devotees today crossed over to Pakistan to celebrate Baisakhi
festival at a key gurdwara in that country.
The Sikh devotees led by SGPC member Amrik Singh Vacoha
boarded the train from Attari international railway station
Earlier SGPC had applied visa for more than 1600 Sikh
devotees whereas Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi
rejected more than 500 visas of Indian Sikh devotees.
The Sikh devotees would celebrate Baisakhi at Gurdwara
Nankana Sahib in Hasanabdal in Shekupura district of Pakistan
on April 13th and would return to India on April 19.
During their stay in Pakistan, the devotees would visit
different Sikh shrines there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015