Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief
Patiala: In view of doubts raised by some
scholars, the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC)
Monday said the entire Sikh history would be reviewed and
A history department would be established at the Sikh
University at Fatehgrah Sahib for the task, SGPC chief Avtar
Singh Makkar told a new conference here.
Some writers and scholars were raising controversies
and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he
To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious
body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting
the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.
On the "siropa" (robe of honour) presented to former
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh during his visit to the
Golden Temple yesterday, Makkar said he had sought a report in
this regard from the SGPC Secretary.
He said the SGPC member who had offered the siropa was a
close associate of Harminder Singh Gill, former AISSF General
Secretary and at present Secretary of the Punjab Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Volvo Auto India hires Nalin Jain as CFO
- Pakistan booked Baloch nationalists as it failed to buy them, says defence expert
- Tokyo prepares for 2020 Olympics, facing rising costs and new sports
- In Pakistan's interest to take action against terrorists: Pentagon
- REVEALED: 'Be progressive, not obstructionist' - Here's why Supreme Court slammed Arvind Kejriwal government