Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief
Patiala: In view of doubts raised by some
scholars, the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC)
Monday said the entire Sikh history would be reviewed and
A history department would be established at the Sikh
University at Fatehgrah Sahib for the task, SGPC chief Avtar
Singh Makkar told a new conference here.
Some writers and scholars were raising controversies
and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he
To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious
body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting
the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.
On the "siropa" (robe of honour) presented to former
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh during his visit to the
Golden Temple yesterday, Makkar said he had sought a report in
this regard from the SGPC Secretary.
He said the SGPC member who had offered the siropa was a
close associate of Harminder Singh Gill, former AISSF General
Secretary and at present Secretary of the Punjab Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read