Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief
Patiala: In view of doubts raised by some
scholars, the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC)
Monday said the entire Sikh history would be reviewed and
A history department would be established at the Sikh
University at Fatehgrah Sahib for the task, SGPC chief Avtar
Singh Makkar told a new conference here.
Some writers and scholars were raising controversies
and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he
To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious
body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting
the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.
On the "siropa" (robe of honour) presented to former
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh during his visit to the
Golden Temple yesterday, Makkar said he had sought a report in
this regard from the SGPC Secretary.
He said the SGPC member who had offered the siropa was a
close associate of Harminder Singh Gill, former AISSF General
Secretary and at present Secretary of the Punjab Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli