Sikhism principles shared by all Americans: Obama
Washington: Greeting Sikhs across the
globe on the occasion of birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev,
US President Barack Obama said that the principles of
equality, service, interfaith cooperation and respect are
shared by all Americans.
"On Sunday, many around the world will observe the
anniversary of birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of
Sikhism. I send my best wishes to all those observing this
extraordinary occasion," Obama said in a White House
"This is also an opportunity to recognize the many
contributions that Sikh Americans have made to our nation, and
to reflect on the pluralism that is a hallmark of America," he
Sikhism`s principles of equality, service, interfaith
cooperation and respect are principles shared by all
Americans, Obama said.
"As Sikhs celebrate the birth of Guru Nanak, people of
good will everywhere can identify with his teachings on the
equality of all humankind and the need for compassion in our
service to others," the US President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan