Sikhism principles shared by all Americans: Obama
Washington: Greeting Sikhs across the
globe on the occasion of birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev,
US President Barack Obama said that the principles of
equality, service, interfaith cooperation and respect are
shared by all Americans.
"On Sunday, many around the world will observe the
anniversary of birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of
Sikhism. I send my best wishes to all those observing this
extraordinary occasion," Obama said in a White House
"This is also an opportunity to recognize the many
contributions that Sikh Americans have made to our nation, and
to reflect on the pluralism that is a hallmark of America," he
Sikhism`s principles of equality, service, interfaith
cooperation and respect are principles shared by all
Americans, Obama said.
"As Sikhs celebrate the birth of Guru Nanak, people of
good will everywhere can identify with his teachings on the
equality of all humankind and the need for compassion in our
service to others," the US President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone