Sikkim quake did not affect nuke plants: NPCIL
New Delhi: The powerful earthquake that rocked Sikkim has not affected the nuclear power plants in the country and they are operating safely, India`s nuclear operator said here on Monday.
"There has been no impact due to this earthquake on any of
the nuclear power plants of India," S Krishnamurthy, executive
director (Operations) of the Nuclear Power Corporation of
India Limited said in a statement.
He said all operating nuclear power plants continue to
An earthquake of 6.8 magnitude rocked Sikkim last evening
and tremors were felt as far as Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and
The NPCIL operates two nuclear power units of 220 MW each
at Narora in Uttar Pradesh.
The Rawatbhata nuclear site in Rajasthan has five
operational units with a combined installed capacity of 1080
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know