Sikkim quake did not affect nuke plants: NPCIL
New Delhi: The powerful earthquake that rocked Sikkim has not affected the nuclear power plants in the country and they are operating safely, India`s nuclear operator said here on Monday.
"There has been no impact due to this earthquake on any of
the nuclear power plants of India," S Krishnamurthy, executive
director (Operations) of the Nuclear Power Corporation of
India Limited said in a statement.
He said all operating nuclear power plants continue to
An earthquake of 6.8 magnitude rocked Sikkim last evening
and tremors were felt as far as Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and
The NPCIL operates two nuclear power units of 220 MW each
at Narora in Uttar Pradesh.
The Rawatbhata nuclear site in Rajasthan has five
operational units with a combined installed capacity of 1080
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered