Silda camp attack probe report being prepared: Sen
Jhargram (WB): The probe report into the
Maoist attack on the EFR camp at Silda will soon be submitted
before the West Bengal government.
"The preparation of the report began today and will be
handed over to the government soon," Home Secretary Ardhendu
Sen, who headed the three-member probe committee, told
reporters here today.
Besides inquiring into the possible security lapses, the
committee was also determining the role of the police at the
time of the attack as well as the efficacy of the local
The EFR personnel at the camp were caught off guard when
Maoists stormed the camp at Silda in West Midnapore district
on February 15 and opened fire, killing 24 personnel.
A committee was set up on February 22 by Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee to probe into the attack.
Widows of the slain personnel, meanwhile, alleged that
the state government had paid them Rs 13 lakh as compensation
against the promised Rs 15 lakh and demanded a CBI probe.
Sen also visited the Manikpara police outpost on the
outskirts of the town which the People`s Committee against
Police Atrocity (PCPA) had tried to storm a month ago.
Asked about the indefinite bandh called by PCPA to
protest against a police raid on their `health centre`, he
said the administration would take measures to ensure smooth
"Some shop owners in Jhargram town kept their business
establishments open after we were able to persuade them," he
The Home Secretary earlier held a meeting with ADG (CID)
Raj Kanojia, District Magistrate Narayan Swarup Nigam, IG
(West) Zulfikar Hassan and Superintendent of Police Manoj
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured