SIM cards free of cost to Haj pilgrims
Madurai: The Haj Committee of India would distribute SIM cards of Saudi Telecom company free of cost to Haj pilgrims, Aboobucker, vice-chairman of the Haj Committee of India, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, has said.
The SIM cards would be distributed with the help of the Saudi Arabia government and it will cary contact numbers of all the members of Haj Committee of India and also official numbers in Mecca besides emergency services and hospitals that would help the pilgrims in need, he said yesterday.
The SIM cards would be distributed only for pilgrims who proceed for Haj through the government and it would not be distributed to Muslims coming through private agents, he said.
In Tamil Nadu, the committee would distribute 3,315 SIM cards to Muslims who were selected for Haj pilgrimage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!