SIM cards free of cost to Haj pilgrims
Madurai: The Haj Committee of India would distribute SIM cards of Saudi Telecom company free of cost to Haj pilgrims, Aboobucker, vice-chairman of the Haj Committee of India, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, has said.
The SIM cards would be distributed with the help of the Saudi Arabia government and it will cary contact numbers of all the members of Haj Committee of India and also official numbers in Mecca besides emergency services and hospitals that would help the pilgrims in need, he said yesterday.
The SIM cards would be distributed only for pilgrims who proceed for Haj through the government and it would not be distributed to Muslims coming through private agents, he said.
In Tamil Nadu, the committee would distribute 3,315 SIM cards to Muslims who were selected for Haj pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway