SIM cards free of cost to Haj pilgrims
Madurai: The Haj Committee of India would distribute SIM cards of Saudi Telecom company free of cost to Haj pilgrims, Aboobucker, vice-chairman of the Haj Committee of India, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, has said.
The SIM cards would be distributed with the help of the Saudi Arabia government and it will cary contact numbers of all the members of Haj Committee of India and also official numbers in Mecca besides emergency services and hospitals that would help the pilgrims in need, he said yesterday.
The SIM cards would be distributed only for pilgrims who proceed for Haj through the government and it would not be distributed to Muslims coming through private agents, he said.
In Tamil Nadu, the committee would distribute 3,315 SIM cards to Muslims who were selected for Haj pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon