SIMI’s Safdar Nagori passes `spiritual test`
Ahmedabad: Safdar Nagori is best known as the SIMI (Students Islamic Movement of India) man who masterminded the serial bomb blasts in Ahmedabad in 2008. Three years later, he is reported to have not just passed a post-graduate diploma course in value education and spirituality but also topped it.
According to a report published in a leading daily on Wednesday, 38-year-old Nagori studied the course, which includes yoga lessons and is jointly run by Brahma Kumaris and Annamalai University`s distance education wing, while spending time in the Sabarmati Central Jail.
The SIMI man topped the course with 87% marks. The second position was claimed by Atul Patel, who is in jail in connection with the infamous Patan gang rape case, with 85% marks.
Not just that, among the top five three are Ahmedabad serial blasts accused.
Interestingly, IPS officer DG Vanzara who has been suspended and is in jail in connection with the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, couldn’t make it to the top 10 and ended up 11th.
As part of the course, the prisoners who registered for the same appeared in four written exams of 100 marks each, and 50 marks each for an oral test and a term paper on a subject of their choice. The subject of Nagori`s term paper was - the ethos of various religions.
Additional director general of police (prisons) PC Thakur told the daily that they would hold convocation in jail the premises on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- Chhattisgarh using only its share of Mahanadi water: Raman Singh
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016