SIMI’s Safdar Nagori passes `spiritual test`
Ahmedabad: Safdar Nagori is best known as the SIMI (Students Islamic Movement of India) man who masterminded the serial bomb blasts in Ahmedabad in 2008. Three years later, he is reported to have not just passed a post-graduate diploma course in value education and spirituality but also topped it.
According to a report published in a leading daily on Wednesday, 38-year-old Nagori studied the course, which includes yoga lessons and is jointly run by Brahma Kumaris and Annamalai University`s distance education wing, while spending time in the Sabarmati Central Jail.
The SIMI man topped the course with 87% marks. The second position was claimed by Atul Patel, who is in jail in connection with the infamous Patan gang rape case, with 85% marks.
Not just that, among the top five three are Ahmedabad serial blasts accused.
Interestingly, IPS officer DG Vanzara who has been suspended and is in jail in connection with the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, couldn’t make it to the top 10 and ended up 11th.
As part of the course, the prisoners who registered for the same appeared in four written exams of 100 marks each, and 50 marks each for an oral test and a term paper on a subject of their choice. The subject of Nagori`s term paper was - the ethos of various religions.
Additional director general of police (prisons) PC Thakur told the daily that they would hold convocation in jail the premises on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official