Singh to become first Army Chief to visit Vietnam in 15 years
New Delhi: General V K Singh will become
the first Indian Army Chief to go on a visit to Vietnam in
15 years during his four-day trip beginning July 26.
During the visit, Gen Singh will look at means to
strengthen bilateral military ties between the two countries,
an Army release said here today.
He will call on Vientnamese Defence Minister General
Phung Quang Thanh, besides holding talks with that country`s
Chief of General Staff and the Army Chief.
Gen Singh will also visit historically important cities
of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh (erstwhile Saigon) and interact with
various Commanders of Military Regions, to explore ways of
boosting the defence cooperation between the two countries.
Vietnam and India share a friendship based on common
ideals and principles, arising from a significant legacy of
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!
- DU stops sale, distribution of book referring to Bhagat Singh as terrorist