Singh to see Cabinet notes of FinMin
New Delhi: Finance ministry comments on all major Cabinet proposals will be put up before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who delegated most of the day-to-day affairs of three key departments of the Ministry to MoS Namo Narain Meena.
"Comments of the Finance Ministry in all major proposals for consideration of the Cabinet or its committees will be submitted to Minister-in-charge (Prime Minister)," the Ministry said in a statement.
Singh has taken charge of the Finance portfolio following resignation of Pranab Mukherjee, who is the UPA nominee for Presidential elections.
Meena, who was looking after departments of expenditure and financial services, has now been given an additional charge of the Department of Economic Affairs.
As per the new arrangement, all proposals related to sanction of non-Plan expenditure up to Rs 300 crore would be cleared by Meena.
However, cases of Rs 300 crore and above which require Cabinet/CCEA approval will be put up before Singh.
Meena would also handle proposals relating to revision of salaries and allowances under the 6th Pay Commission, and proposals to be placed before the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage