Singh to see Cabinet notes of FinMin
New Delhi: Finance ministry comments on all major Cabinet proposals will be put up before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who delegated most of the day-to-day affairs of three key departments of the Ministry to MoS Namo Narain Meena.
"Comments of the Finance Ministry in all major proposals for consideration of the Cabinet or its committees will be submitted to Minister-in-charge (Prime Minister)," the Ministry said in a statement.
Singh has taken charge of the Finance portfolio following resignation of Pranab Mukherjee, who is the UPA nominee for Presidential elections.
Meena, who was looking after departments of expenditure and financial services, has now been given an additional charge of the Department of Economic Affairs.
As per the new arrangement, all proposals related to sanction of non-Plan expenditure up to Rs 300 crore would be cleared by Meena.
However, cases of Rs 300 crore and above which require Cabinet/CCEA approval will be put up before Singh.
Meena would also handle proposals relating to revision of salaries and allowances under the 6th Pay Commission, and proposals to be placed before the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript