Singhvi back as Congress spokesperson
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday brought back Abhishek Manu Singhvi, a former AICC spokesman mired in a controversial CD row, as one of the leaders to put forward the party view in the electronic media.
"He (Singhvi) has been brought back into the panel of leaders who participate (in debates) in the electronic media," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
In April, Singhvi had resigned as party spokesperson and Chairman of Parliament`s Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice after a sleaze video allegedly involving him went viral on social media sites.
Subsequently, he was dropped from a list of leaders authorised by the Congress to participate in discussions on news channels.
The Congress has nominated some leaders, including Union ministers, party spokespersons and MPs, to participate in discussions and debated on television news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena asks Muslims brothers to join fight against ISIS
- US lifts arms decade-long arms embargo on Vietnam, announces Barack Obama
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Multiple blasts hit two Syrian coastal cities, over 100 killed so far
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad