Singhvi has taken right decision to resign: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as "the right step" the resignation by Abhishek Manu Singhvi as party spokesman and Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law and Justice but remained evasive on whether he was directed to do so.
"Abhishek Singhvi has taken the step on the basis of whatever situation has come to the fore. It is the right step," said Congress General Secretary and Chairman of Media Committee Janardan Dwivedi.
He said Singhvi, who quit in the wake of a controversial CD, had taken the step to avoid problems for the party in Parliament during the resumed Budget Session from Tuesday.
Asked whether Singhvi had been directed to resign, Dwivedi was evasive, saying "I think, it does not make much difference."
He said if Singhvi has quit on his own and the party has accepted his resignation, the end result was the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof