Singhvi has taken right decision to resign: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as "the right step" the resignation by Abhishek Manu Singhvi as party spokesman and Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law and Justice but remained evasive on whether he was directed to do so.
"Abhishek Singhvi has taken the step on the basis of whatever situation has come to the fore. It is the right step," said Congress General Secretary and Chairman of Media Committee Janardan Dwivedi.
He said Singhvi, who quit in the wake of a controversial CD, had taken the step to avoid problems for the party in Parliament during the resumed Budget Session from Tuesday.
Asked whether Singhvi had been directed to resign, Dwivedi was evasive, saying "I think, it does not make much difference."
He said if Singhvi has quit on his own and the party has accepted his resignation, the end result was the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery