Singhvi has taken right decision to resign: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as "the right step" the resignation by Abhishek Manu Singhvi as party spokesman and Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law and Justice but remained evasive on whether he was directed to do so.
"Abhishek Singhvi has taken the step on the basis of whatever situation has come to the fore. It is the right step," said Congress General Secretary and Chairman of Media Committee Janardan Dwivedi.
He said Singhvi, who quit in the wake of a controversial CD, had taken the step to avoid problems for the party in Parliament during the resumed Budget Session from Tuesday.
Asked whether Singhvi had been directed to resign, Dwivedi was evasive, saying "I think, it does not make much difference."
He said if Singhvi has quit on his own and the party has accepted his resignation, the end result was the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say