Singhvi has taken right decision to resign: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday termed as "the right step" the resignation by Abhishek Manu Singhvi as party spokesman and Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law and Justice but remained evasive on whether he was directed to do so.
"Abhishek Singhvi has taken the step on the basis of whatever situation has come to the fore. It is the right step," said Congress General Secretary and Chairman of Media Committee Janardan Dwivedi.
He said Singhvi, who quit in the wake of a controversial CD, had taken the step to avoid problems for the party in Parliament during the resumed Budget Session from Tuesday.
Asked whether Singhvi had been directed to resign, Dwivedi was evasive, saying "I think, it does not make much difference."
He said if Singhvi has quit on his own and the party has accepted his resignation, the end result was the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United