Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty: Anna
Beed: Anna Hazare on Friday said here that Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi, who was recently embroiled in a controversy over a CD showing him in a compromising situation, should be hanged if found "guilty".
"Singhvi should be hanged if found guilty," Hazare said, to a reporter`s question here this evening.
Hazare is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act in Maharashtra.
Singhvi quit as Congress spokesperson after the scandal broke, but he also maintained that the CD was fake.
Speaking here, Hazare also said that if a strong Lokpal came into existence, corrupt officers would go to jail.
Government officers should be made to disclose their assets on a government website, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...