Single PG medical entrance test from 2013
New Delhi: Admission to all postgraduate courses in medical colleges across India from next year will be through a common entrance test to be conducted by National Board of Examination from November 23 to December 6, 2012.
The test will be applicable for PG seats of all the 350 medical colleges across India, which account for close to 20,000 seats, except the three institutes set up by acts of Parliament AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh and JIPMER, Puducherry.
In a statement issued today, the Health Ministry said the new system would help promote transparency and streamline admission to Post Graduate medical and dental courses.
"The Government has decided to introduce a single entrance examination to be known as National eligibility- cum-Entrance Test (NEET) from the next academic year i.e. 2013-2014.
"The National Board of Examination (NBE) will conduct NEET-PG for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Course courses offered by all medical colleges/institutions coming under the ambit of the Medical Council of India," the Health Ministry said.
The first NEET-PG in 2013-14 will be held online by NBE from November 23 to December 6, 2012 at various centres in 34 cities of the country.
Details of NEET-PG for medical courses are available at www. Nbe. Gov. In/neetpg.
The NEET-PG for dental courses will be conducted by the AIIMS for admission in MDS courses offered by all the dental colleges/institution coming under the ambit of the Dental Council of India.
AIIMS will notify the dates of the examination in due course of time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!