Sino-India border trade via Lipulekh pass to start
Pithoragarh: This year`s India-China border trade via the Himalayan Pass of Lipulekh, will start from the first week of June and conclude on October 31, Pithoragarh district magistrate said on Sunday.
District Magistrate C M S Bisht was presiding over a meeting on preparation of the border trade in the district headquarters.
A week-long camp of administrative and other officials concerned will be organised at Dharchula from June 3 to prepare various departments, which cater to the problems of traders during this five-month-long trade, said Bisht.
"Besides registration of traders, discussions were held on opening a SBI branch at Gunji Mart inside Indian territory and on the total demand of trade passes, which will be sought from the Centre," he said.
According to the district magistrate, all departments including Customs and SBI have been advised to open their branches before the first batch of traders reach the pass.
"Cooperation of ITBP, SSB and other district administrative departments will be taken to start and continue this year`s trading process successfully, as the high profile trade involves two neighbouring countries of India and China," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'