‘Sino-India military exchanges to boost trust’
Beijing: Days after India and China agreed
to have maritime cooperation, Beijing has favoured greater
military ties with New Delhi, saying such exchanges would help
build more "confidence and trust" between the two countries.
"Exchanges between our militaries will help us build more
confidence and trust with each other," Deputy Director General
of Asian Department in the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Sun Weidong said.
His remarks came ahead of President Hu Jintao`s visit to
New Delhi from Wednesday to participate in the fourth
BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit.
"Our military people are positive about military
cooperation and exchange of visits with India. I think China
and India are strategic partners...military exchanges and
cooperation are part of the partnership," Sun said.
India had suspended military exchanges with China in
August 2010 after it refused to grant permission to a senior
army commander posted at Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir to
proceed on an official trip to Beijing.
As an immediate fallout of the event, India had refused
to hold the third round of military exercise, codenamed
Hand-in-Hand, with China and put all other military exchanges
The first edition of the exercise had taken place in
Kunming in China in 2007 and the second was held in Belgaum in
Putting an end to the strained military relations, India
had sent a military delegation to Beijing in June last year.
China also reciprocated by sending its military delegation
under a Lieutenant General in last November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015