Sino-Indian war suits US: Omar
Jammu: A war between India and China will
suit the United States as it will boost its weapon sales,
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Tuesday.
"It (war) suits US because it will sell more weapons.
But, it does not suit us and China.
"India and China have good relations. We hope it will
further improve," Omar told reporters here.
The Chief Minister`s response came after reporters asked
his opinion on a statement of a US think tank and strategist
that there is possibility of a war between India and China.
"Leave it (US`s think tank`s opinion of war) to India
and China," Omar said and called for playing down of stray
incidents between the two countries.
"There is always some sort of tension among neighbours.
Whatever stray incidents do take place, there is no need to
present them by making a mountain out of a molehill," he said.
The endeavor of both the nations should be to further
strengthen and improve the relations, the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price