SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate: Dilip Tirkey
New Delhi: Categorically stating that the coal scam was the biggest scam of the country, Dilip Tirkey, Member Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, said on Thursday that those who were involved in wrongdoings should be probed.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Tirkey said, “The coal scam is worth crores of rupees. The matter should be probed as soon as possible and all ministers and senior leaders who have been accused of various scams should be investigated.” “We will try to take up the matter in the upcoming Parliament session,” he added.
On being asked about anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s demand that a retired Supreme Court judge should probe coalgate, Dilip Tirkey maintained that whichever way the investigation was done, it should be done in a proper manner.
However, he agreed with former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s view that an SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate. “SIT investigations are always positive. Though the CBI investigating the matter, the SIT will do a better job of it”
Tirkey also agreed with Hegde’s demand that wrong coal block allocations should be cancelled. He lamented on the fact that due to various scams, people were losing faith in democratic institutions. “The only way to restore people’s confidence was to punish the guilty,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery