SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate: Dilip Tirkey
New Delhi: Categorically stating that the coal scam was the biggest scam of the country, Dilip Tirkey, Member Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, said on Thursday that those who were involved in wrongdoings should be probed.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Tirkey said, “The coal scam is worth crores of rupees. The matter should be probed as soon as possible and all ministers and senior leaders who have been accused of various scams should be investigated.” “We will try to take up the matter in the upcoming Parliament session,” he added.
On being asked about anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s demand that a retired Supreme Court judge should probe coalgate, Dilip Tirkey maintained that whichever way the investigation was done, it should be done in a proper manner.
However, he agreed with former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s view that an SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate. “SIT investigations are always positive. Though the CBI investigating the matter, the SIT will do a better job of it”
Tirkey also agreed with Hegde’s demand that wrong coal block allocations should be cancelled. He lamented on the fact that due to various scams, people were losing faith in democratic institutions. “The only way to restore people’s confidence was to punish the guilty,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui