SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate: Dilip Tirkey
New Delhi: Categorically stating that the coal scam was the biggest scam of the country, Dilip Tirkey, Member Standing Committee on Coal and Steel, said on Thursday that those who were involved in wrongdoings should be probed.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, Tirkey said, “The coal scam is worth crores of rupees. The matter should be probed as soon as possible and all ministers and senior leaders who have been accused of various scams should be investigated.” “We will try to take up the matter in the upcoming Parliament session,” he added.
On being asked about anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s demand that a retired Supreme Court judge should probe coalgate, Dilip Tirkey maintained that whichever way the investigation was done, it should be done in a proper manner.
However, he agreed with former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s view that an SIT should be set up to investigate coalgate. “SIT investigations are always positive. Though the CBI investigating the matter, the SIT will do a better job of it”
Tirkey also agreed with Hegde’s demand that wrong coal block allocations should be cancelled. He lamented on the fact that due to various scams, people were losing faith in democratic institutions. “The only way to restore people’s confidence was to punish the guilty,” he said.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district