Situation volatile, midterm polls possible: BJP
Guwahati: The BJP on Friday said that the
situation in the country was volatile on issues ranging from
price rise to corruption and did not rule out a mid term
"Anything can happen at any time in the country," BJP
national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told a press
conference here when asked if the country was heading for a
Comparing the current situation with the Emergency of
the 70s, Rudy said, "The situation now is volatile on price
rise, black money, corruption, land issues and several other
burning problems. The common man is fed up.
"The UPA government has failed to control prices of
essential commodities which have increased the rates of
petrol, diesel and allied products, pushing inflation further
Holding UPA government`s partners also responsible for
the situation, he said, "The allies have aired their
discontent at the increasing price of goods and inflation. The
allies are feeling the pinch of wrong governance."
Due to the government ignoring the protests raised by
the BJP both inside and outside the Parliament, he said,
social activists had to step into fight corruption and price
Referring to the Lokpal Bill, the BJP leader claimed
that the government initially ignored Opposition parties when
drafting the bill, but had to turn to them in the face of a
"The BJP will give its opinion on the Bill, but we
must first be provided with the draft," he said.
He also said that the BJP would continue its nationwide
campaign against price rise and corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!