Six in fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls
Chapra: Six candidates are left in the fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls, which is all set to see a triangular contest in the election.
After the final day of withdrawal, a total of six nominees are left in the fray for the June 2 Maharajganj by-polls, District Magistrate-cum election officer Abhijit Sinha told reporters on Saturday.
The six candidates are P K Shahi of JD (U), Prabhunath Singh (RJD), Jitendra Swami (Congress), Balendu Kumar Rai (Bhartiya Ekta Dal) and two Independents-- Om Prakash Singh and Vikash Kumar Singh, he said.
The election, which has been necessitated due to the death of RJD`s Uma Shankar Singh, is all set to see a contest between the JD(U), RJD and Congress nominees.
The DM said to ensure peaceful by-elections, security forces would be deployed in large numbers at all 1,476 booths.
Saran Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said a request has been sent for 70 companies of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown