Six in fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls
Chapra: Six candidates are left in the fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls, which is all set to see a triangular contest in the election.
After the final day of withdrawal, a total of six nominees are left in the fray for the June 2 Maharajganj by-polls, District Magistrate-cum election officer Abhijit Sinha told reporters on Saturday.
The six candidates are P K Shahi of JD (U), Prabhunath Singh (RJD), Jitendra Swami (Congress), Balendu Kumar Rai (Bhartiya Ekta Dal) and two Independents-- Om Prakash Singh and Vikash Kumar Singh, he said.
The election, which has been necessitated due to the death of RJD`s Uma Shankar Singh, is all set to see a contest between the JD(U), RJD and Congress nominees.
The DM said to ensure peaceful by-elections, security forces would be deployed in large numbers at all 1,476 booths.
Saran Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said a request has been sent for 70 companies of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list