Six in fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls
Chapra: Six candidates are left in the fray for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls, which is all set to see a triangular contest in the election.
After the final day of withdrawal, a total of six nominees are left in the fray for the June 2 Maharajganj by-polls, District Magistrate-cum election officer Abhijit Sinha told reporters on Saturday.
The six candidates are P K Shahi of JD (U), Prabhunath Singh (RJD), Jitendra Swami (Congress), Balendu Kumar Rai (Bhartiya Ekta Dal) and two Independents-- Om Prakash Singh and Vikash Kumar Singh, he said.
The election, which has been necessitated due to the death of RJD`s Uma Shankar Singh, is all set to see a contest between the JD(U), RJD and Congress nominees.
The DM said to ensure peaceful by-elections, security forces would be deployed in large numbers at all 1,476 booths.
Saran Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said a request has been sent for 70 companies of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply