Six Indian fishermen injured in stone pelting
Rameswaram: Six Indian fishermen were injured and 10 boats damaged on Sunday when Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them while fishing near Katchatheevu islet.
Fisheries department officials said one of the fishermen suffered multiple injuries when broken glass panes of the boat struck him under the impact of stoning.
The Sri Lankan Naval personnel also destroyed the fishing nets, they said, adding that all the injured have been hospitalised and are out of danger.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- PHOTO: Priceless reaction of David Warner's daughters when told they'll soon meet Daddy!
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition