Six Indian fishermen injured in stone pelting
Rameswaram: Six Indian fishermen were injured and 10 boats damaged on Sunday when Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them while fishing near Katchatheevu islet.
Fisheries department officials said one of the fishermen suffered multiple injuries when broken glass panes of the boat struck him under the impact of stoning.
The Sri Lankan Naval personnel also destroyed the fishing nets, they said, adding that all the injured have been hospitalised and are out of danger.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"