Six Indian fishermen injured in stone pelting
Rameswaram: Six Indian fishermen were injured and 10 boats damaged on Sunday when Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them while fishing near Katchatheevu islet.
Fisheries department officials said one of the fishermen suffered multiple injuries when broken glass panes of the boat struck him under the impact of stoning.
The Sri Lankan Naval personnel also destroyed the fishing nets, they said, adding that all the injured have been hospitalised and are out of danger.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?