Six Indian fishermen injured in stone pelting
Rameswaram: Six Indian fishermen were injured and 10 boats damaged on Sunday when Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them while fishing near Katchatheevu islet.
Fisheries department officials said one of the fishermen suffered multiple injuries when broken glass panes of the boat struck him under the impact of stoning.
The Sri Lankan Naval personnel also destroyed the fishing nets, they said, adding that all the injured have been hospitalised and are out of danger.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price