Six Indians held in Oman for compatriot`s death get bail
Dubai: Six Indian nationals, who were arrested in connection with a compatriot`s death in the Salalah area of Oman, have been granted bail after over a month in detention.
The arrests were made in connection with the death of an Indian man who was found in a pool of blood in his room on April 14. He was rushed to a hospital in Salalah where he later died.
A knife was recovered besides the victim and there were wounds on his body, besides marks of strangulation.
The victim was working as a bread-maker in a restaurant and was working in Oman for 30 years, a media report said.
The Royal Oman Police had detained eight persons, including four colleagues and the victim`s son-in-law, identified as Mustafa, for questioning, within hours after the murder.
Bail was granted to the six accused after they handed over their passports and other papers as guarantee.
"As the court will remain closed for the Khareef festival, the bail was granted now," a social worker who was providing help to the accused told the Times of Oman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand