Six Indians held in Oman for compatriot`s death get bail
Dubai: Six Indian nationals, who were arrested in connection with a compatriot`s death in the Salalah area of Oman, have been granted bail after over a month in detention.
The arrests were made in connection with the death of an Indian man who was found in a pool of blood in his room on April 14. He was rushed to a hospital in Salalah where he later died.
A knife was recovered besides the victim and there were wounds on his body, besides marks of strangulation.
The victim was working as a bread-maker in a restaurant and was working in Oman for 30 years, a media report said.
The Royal Oman Police had detained eight persons, including four colleagues and the victim`s son-in-law, identified as Mustafa, for questioning, within hours after the murder.
Bail was granted to the six accused after they handed over their passports and other papers as guarantee.
"As the court will remain closed for the Khareef festival, the bail was granted now," a social worker who was providing help to the accused told the Times of Oman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack